Dark Chocolate + Avocado ??
- 2 avocados (fairly ripe – but obviously, not overripe)
- 5 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (recommended 60% cacao or more – in my opinion, the darker the better when it comes to chocolate, also helps to mask “avocado” taste)
- 4 Tbsp agave syrup (I used some organic, raw blue agave syrup found at Trader Joe’s)
Ready? You may need to take notes. This is fairly complex.
Peel, & dice avocado. Add cocoa powder & agave syrup. Mash with a fork until all lumps are gone & ingredients are evenly blended.
If you really wanna get picky, you could do this with a mixer & it would be even smoother & creamier. Serve with fresh berries (I added raspberries & pomegranate seeds – YUM). This recipe is seriously THAT easy, probably impossible to screw up, AND I can think of a million ways to modify depending on how you like your chocolate . . .
- Throw in some peanut butter.
- Throw in some hazelnuts, or even better, hazelnuts AND nutella. Or just nutella.
- Go crazy with fruit, add blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, all berries.
- Dark Chocolate and orange pair nicely – throw in some mandarins if you’re feeling adventurous. Citrus also helps to keep avocado from getting weird as quickly, so toss in some fresh orange juice if you don’t plan to eat within a day or two.
- Top with your favorite fro-yo, ice cream, sprinkles, etc. & enjoy a variation on a sundae.
Avocado is a healthy fat, great for skin, hair, nails, among other things. So, while this is not necessarily a guilt-free indulgence, you should certainly feel good about getting your dessert kicks in with a fat that’s good for you.